1) Aaron Blake, “3 takeaways from the Senate report on Trump’s brazen efforts to overturn the 2020 election,” Washington Post, October 7, 2021 (10:03 a.m. EDT|Updated today at 11:43 a.m. EDT).
2) Paul Waldman, “As a stunning new report reveals Trump’s threat to democracy, Republicans shrug,” Washington Post, October 7, 2021 (1:12 p.m. EDT).
3) Devlin Barrett, “Senate report gives new details of Trump efforts to use Justice Dept. to overturn election,” Washington Post, October 7, 2021 (2:00 p.m. EDT).
4) Majority Staff Report, “Subverting JUSTICE; How the Former President and
His Allies Pressured DOJ to Overturn the 2020 Election,” U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, October 7, 2021.
5) Minority Staff Report, “IN THEIR OWN WORDS:
A FACTUAL SUMMARY OF TESTIMONY FROM SENIOR JUSTICE DEPARTMENT OFFICIALS RELATING TO EVENTS FROM DECEMBER 14, 2020 TO JANUARY 3, 2021,” Senate Judiciary Committee, October 7, 2021.
6) Katie Benner, “Report Cites New Details of Trump Pressure on Justice Dept. Over Election; A Senate panel fleshed out how Donald Trump pursued his plan to install a loyalist as acting attorney general to pursue unfounded reports of fraud,” New York Times, October 6, 2021.
New and damning details emerged today with the publication of an Interim Report by the Majority Staff of the Senate Judiciary Committee. The publication of the report indicates it has the support of a majority of the Committee.
The breadth and extent of Donald Trump’s electoral and other crimes is in the public record.
While the nation pays attention to the latest “breaking news” story, American democracy is in grave peril.
The questions that should be front and center in every newspaper and on every radio and TV news program are the following:
1) Why has Trump not been indicted?
2) Should Trump be indicted?
3) When will Trump be indicted?
1) “IMPUNITY: The biggrest and most important story no one will cover,” The Trenchant Observer, June 21, 2021.
2) “Should Trump be indicted? REVISED — A comprehensive evaluation of the arguments,” The Trenchant Observer, August 2, 2021.
3) “When will Trump be indicted?” The Trenchant Observer, May 2, 2021.
4) “The indictment of Trump: The Democratic wall of silence begins to break,” The Trenchant Observer, August 5, 2021.
The Trenchant Observer