1) Dan Balz (Analysis), “What is defensible in the case against Trump?; The Jan. 6 committee has laid out a strong case against the former president. Republicans prefer to look away rather than engage on the evidence, Washington Post, June 25, 2022.
2) David French, “The People v. Donald Trump; The evidence for a possible criminal case against the former president is piling up, The Atlantic, June 29, 2022 (2:22 PM ET);
3) David A. Graham, “The Most Damning January 6 Testimony Yet; Cassidy Hutchinson’s account of Donald Trump’s behavior destroys any defense the president once had,” The zatlantic, June 28, 2022 (Updated at 6:28 p.m. ET);
4) Peter Wehner, “A Withering Indictment of the Entire GOP; Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony was damning. If anyone was surprised, they shouldn’t have been,” The Atlantic, June 29, 2022 (8:00 a.m. ET);
5) Peggy Noonan, “The Courage of Jan. 6 Witness Cassidy Hutchinson; She showed more guts than any of Trump’s men. Her testimony strengthens the case for prosecution,” Wall Street Journal, June 30, 2022 (6:46 pm ET);
Dan Balz offers an excellent overview of the facts that have emerged, or reemerged, in the hearings of the House January 6 committee.
It is iseful to see all the crimes and abuses of power by Donald Trump and his accomplices pulled together in one place.
It converts the many isolated details of Trump’s attempted coup d’etat into a cogent narrative which leaves Republicans no way to defend Trump and his co-conspirators.
Their only recourse is to try to distract the American people, and particularly Republican voters, from looking and the facts and considering what Trump and his accomplices have done in his attempt to cling to power after losing the election, at any cost.