Developing. We are publishing this article as it is being written. Please check back for updates
To see a list of previous articles, enter “Ukraine” in the Search Box on the upper right, and you will see a list in chronological order.
To understand the broad context within which current developments in Ukraine should be considered,see
“Ukraine War, October 26, 2022: The context for analysis of current developments; The “dirty bomb” as a Russian propaganda distraction from current war crimes,” The Trenchant Observer, October 26, 2022.
1) James Crisp (Europe Editor), “Joe Biden’s attack on the EU was as striking as it was disingenuous; US president’s claim the Union and Nato would fall apart over Russia threat is a smokescreen to hide his reluctance to risk a real world war,” The Telegraph, December 22, 2022 (2:29 p.m.);
2) Con Coughlin (Defensebeditor), “Vladimir Putin still has one last chance to triumph; The Russian president’s only hope is that the West’s resolve falters, allowing him to prolong the war,” The Telegraph, December 22, 2022 (7:00 a.m.);
3) Bojan Pancevski, “Europe Is Rushing Arms to Ukraine but Running Out of Ammo; As war consumes more munitions, Europe is struggling to increase production of arms to help Kyiv and still defend its own territory,” Wall Street Journal, December 22, 2022 (6:16 p.m.ET);
4) Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s speech in full to a joint session of US Congress; Ukraine’s president vows his country will never abandon resistance to Russian aggression, but said Washington’s support is vital,” The Guardian, December 22, 2022 (10:11 GMT);
5) David Ignatius, “Where Zelensky and Biden still diverge
Image without a caption,” Washington Post, December 22, 2022 (3:54 p.m. EST);
The Trenchant Observer
A selection of the best articles from The Trenchant Observer is published on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday in the Trenchant Observations newsletter on Substack.
You may subscribe here,