Developing. We are publishing this article as it is being written. Please check back for updates
To see a list of previous articles, enter “Ukraine” in the Search Box on the upper right, and you will see a list in chronological order.
To understand the broad context within which current developments in Ukraine should be considered,see
“Ukraine War, October 26, 2022: The context for analysis of current developments; The “dirty bomb” as a Russian propaganda distraction from current war crimes,” The Trenchant Observer, October 26, 2022.
1) Joe Barnes, Roland Oliphant, James Crisp,Jorg Luyken, Nick Allen and Danielle Sheridan, “Ukraine expecting long-range missiles next after West finally sends its tanks; Kyiv will receive 200 tanks, but is hopeful weaponry capable of striking 190 miles behind Russian lines will soon follow,” The Telegraph, January 2, 2023(9:54pm);
2) Joe Barnes, “Massive arms factory’ must be built in Poland to help Ukraine win war; Defence select committee chairman says move could transform Ukrainian armed forces into a more independent military,” The Telegraphy, January 25, 2023 (9:00pm);
3) Henry Samuel, “Emmanuel Macron under pressure to send Leclerc tanks to Ukraine after German decision; France has pledged to send ‘light tanks’, and president says he has asked defence ministry to ‘work on’ sending heavier vehicles,” The Telegraph, >January 25, 2023 (8:00 pm);
4) Michael R. Gordon and Gordon Lubold (in Washington) and Bojan Pancevsk (in Berlin), “U.S., Germany Approve Sending Tanks to Ukraine; Agreement to dispatch Abrams and Leopard tanks comes with challenges getting them to battlefield ahead of war’s next phase,” Wall Street Journal, January 25, 2023 (updated at 6:50 pm ET);
5) María R. Sahuquillo, “La entrega de tanques abre una nueva fase en el apoyo militar occidental a Ucrania; El suministro de blindados, considerado hasta ahora una línea roja, representa un claro gesto de adhesión a Kiev y abre la puerta al traslado de otros materiales ofensivos, El País,el 26 de enero 2023 (Actualizado: 08:22 CET);
6) Christian Segura (Kiev), “Rusia responde al envío de tanques de Europa y EE UU con bombardeos en toda Ucrania; Al menos 11 personas han muerto en distintas regiones del país tras la oleada de misiles, que ha dañado la red eléctrica de Kiev, Odesa y Zaporiyia,” El País, el 26 de enero 2923 (Actualizado: 14:21 EST);
The Trenchant Observer
A selection of the best articles from The Trenchant Observer is published on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday in the Trenchant Observations newsletter on Substack.
You may subscribe here,
Be the first to comment on "Ukraine War, January 26, 2023: After battle tanks, Ukraine expects long-range artillery rockets for HIMARS; proposal to set up munitions factory in Poland to ramp up war production: delivery of Leopard 2 and Abrams battle tanks agreed"